Local by-elections: we anticipate most elections will continue as planned.
May 2020 scheduled elections: The Government have announced they plan to postpone the election in May until 2021. We will update ths information on this site once the postponement has become law.
You should contact your council for more information
Public page: https://www.facebook.com/Cambridgegreenparty/
- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
Statement to voters
Simon was brought up in Bassingbourn in South Cambs and returned, after gaining his degree and working in the charity sector, to establish the Guilden Gate smallholding with his wife Jacqui. Simon is 48 and has a 15 year old son and an 13 year old daughter. Simon has been a Parish Councillor, a trustee of the village housing trust and is a governor at the local Village College.
“I was lucky to grow up in South Cambs and I want to play my part in looking after it now and handing it to the next generation in great shape. I joined the Green Party because it offers a real alternative - we have common sense policies, (not just about ‘the environment’) that outline practical ways of achieving real quality of life. Green policies offer new hope - a ‘steady state’ economy, reduced dependence on global trade, curtailing production and use of fossil fuels while reining in the banks. Vote Green and play a part in creating a brighter, greener future for our children.’
This statement was added by Simon Saggers, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2018: The South Cambridgeshire local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Bassingbourn
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the South Cambridgeshire
- 2017: The 2017 Cambridgeshire County Council local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Melbourn & Bassingbourn
- 2016: The South Cambridgeshire local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Bassingbourn
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the South Cambridgeshire
- 2010: The UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for the South Cambridgeshire
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.