Statement to voters
I will make your priorities my priorities. I’ll listen and am always accessible, rarely far away from the phone or e-mail and also active on social media. In my role as a Councillor, I’ve helped many residents with serious problems on housing, parking, roads and planning. Finding solutions for such concerns, often the cause of real anxiety, is the most rewarding part of serving my community.
MY 6 POINT PLAN:
1. Protecting Our Unique Environment: Weybridge St George’s Hill is one Elmbridge’s most desirable places to live and we must keep it that way. This means firmly resisting inappropriate development and enhancing our many green open spaces.
2. Tackling Our Roads: Some progress on resurfacing has taken place (e.g. Haines Bridge and Seven Hills Road) but so much more needs doing. Priority One is completing St George’s Avenue and we must have action from the Brooklands Traffic Study to combat congestion.
3. Ending Our Station Nightmare: I completely support our councillors’ campaign to have the ramp to Brooklands Road re-opened. We must keep the pressure on South Western Railways to fulfil their obligations and also seek funding opportunities.
4. Supporting Our Businesses: Thriving local enterprises and shops are essential to a thriving local community. The prospect of large-scale funding for a feasibility study for the Hospital and Library sites must be used imaginatively to further boost our local businesses.
5. Sustaining Our Community: St George’s Hill enjoys a rich variety of volunteers and groups who do so much to make lives better. Whiteley Village is a jewel in our crown and its residents will always have my support.
6. Renewing Our Health Facilities: We have to seize the opportunity of redevelopment in Weybridge Town Centre to make sure that first class medical provision is maintained as a replacement for the former Walk-In Centre.
This statement was added by John O'Reilly, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
- The party's candidate page for this person
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The Elmbridge local election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Weybridge St George's Hill
- 2017: The 2017 Surrey County Council local election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Hersham
- 2016: The Elmbridge local election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Hersham Village
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as John O'Reilly's CV, homepage - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Upload your leaflets
If you've received election leaflets from John O'Reilly, please take a photo of them and upload them to ElectionLeaflets.org
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.