Statement to voters
I am an experienced and hard working Northumberland County Councillor with an excellent track record of delivering for residents and campaigning for change.
I hold a number of positions and chair the Council’s Audit Committee, I am a qualified barrister and a long-standing transparency, local government reform and anti-corruption campaigner.
There is no place for party politics in policing. Not only does the Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner need to be completely impartial and act independently – without any political interference but the public needs to be confident that this is so.
My oath of impartiality will be genuine and I will act without fear or favour and create an environment within Northumbria Police which will allow whistle-blowers to feel able to come forward without fear.
Nor would I allow any more party politics over the police budget with the parties blaming each other for apparent cuts and problems with the service. This role requires someone with the ability and principles to be fully open, transparent and accountable.
My commitments include;
* To be strictly independent and non-political
* To be open and transparent
* To ensure (complex) fraud cases are properly investigated
* To put crime reduction and justice for all at the heart of everything we do
* To not allow political correctness to obstruct the process of justice and the pursuit of criminals
* To tackle cultural problems within Northumbria police
* To work tirelessly to restore public confidence in Northumbria police
* To reverse the short-sighted decision over the opening times of police stations and custody suites which I consider to have led to a reduction in arrests and a big spike in anti-social behaviour especially in the more northern and rural areas
Prepared by Georgina Hill, Election Agent, 1 The Parade School Mews, Berwick-upon-Tweed
This statement was added by Georgina Hill, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2017: The 2017 Northumberland County Council local election, as the Independent candidate for the Berwick East
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Georgina Hill's CV, email, homepage - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Help make our democracy better
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.