Statement to voters
Councillor Andrew Cooper who has represented the Newsome Ward on Kirklees for the last 18 years has been selected as Green Party Candidate for Huddersfield in May’s General Election. Andrew has been re-elected 5 times with significant majorities over the Labour Party.
Andrew has a long track record of many achievements for the people of Huddersfield which include:
- Proposing the UK’s first universally free insulation scheme, Kirklees Warm Zone that saw tens of thousands of homes insulated across Huddersfield.
- Leading the campaign to replace ‘Welcome to Kirklees’ with ‘Welcome to Huddersfield’ signs.
- Initiating the 2000 house solar panel programme which will see Council Tenants in Kirklees benefit from solar electricity saving them up to 2 weeks rent worth of electricity savings. This will be at no cost to the Council Tax payer and not impact on Kirklees Council budgets.
- Organising a free Christmas Bus Service in the Newsome Ward for the past 25 years
This statement was added by Andrew Cooper, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
Andrew Cooper's CVAndrew Cooper has sent us their CV. We collect CVs to help voters assess candidates' skills and background. See Andrew Cooper's CV.
Green Party of England and Wales
Andrew Cooper's local party is the Green Party of England and Wales.
@TheGreenParty on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/thegreenparty on Facebook
You can meet candidates and question them at local hustings. Here are hustings where Andrew Cooper may be appearing.
(Past event) Wednesday 15 May 2019 19:30–22:30: European Elections 2019 Hustings, The Wesley Centre Harrogate HG1 1PP.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The European Parliament (UK) elections, as the Green Party candidate for the Yorkshire and the Humber
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Huddersfield
- 2016: The Kirklees local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Newsome
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for Huddersfield
- 2014: The European Parliament (UK) elections, as the Green Party candidate for the Yorkshire and the Humber
- 2010: The 2010 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for Huddersfield
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.