- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
Statement to voters
I have been involved in Green politics for 10 years in the North East of England and stood as the Green Party candidate for Gateshead in the 2010 and 2015. My passion is to fight for justice for the poor and the marginalised in the UK and around the world. I was International Director for fair trade company Traidcraft plc and a founder director of Ethical Superstore. I am a keen supporter of sustainable transport and was a founder director of the innovative Valley Links CIC that has successfully campaigned for better transport links in the local area.
I am standing for the Green Party because I believe that we can make a genuine difference to the lives of ordinary people. Austerity has hit people in Gateshead hard. Swingeing council cuts as central government has withheld funding mean that people pay more for less services. Access to the NHS has been made harder as waiting times and waiting lists have increased. The local transport system is now more monopolised than when it was run by local councils. Job losses have hit the area hard, and the new jobs being created are low paid with minimal job security, often on low or zero hour contacts.
The Green Party will make a difference. We will renationalise the railways and overhaul how public transport is run across the country. We will invest in public services and turnaround the privatisation of the NHS. I’m proud to be Green - working for both people and the planet.
This statement was added by Andy Redfern, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The Gateshead local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Lobley Hill and Bensham
- 2018: The Gateshead local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Lobley Hill and Bensham
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Gateshead
- 2016: The Gateshead local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Lobley Hill and Bensham
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for Gateshead
- 2010: The 2010 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for Gateshead
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Upload your leaflets
If you've received election leaflets from Andy Redfern, please take a photo of them and upload them to ElectionLeaflets.org
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.