Statement to voters
As a country which is part of Europe, I believe Britain belongs in the European Union. I think there are imperfections in the structure of the EU - just as there are imperfections in the structure of the UK - but if we leave the EU we will have absolutely no control over correcting those imperfections.
I do not believe further European political integration is desirable, but to achieve our Green goal of global ecological and economic sustainability, we have to act together and not as separate nation states with separate agendas.
We must control excessive consumption of resources and agree levels that are sustainable, and work towards the total elimination of environmental degradation. I believe we will be much more effective by working with other green thinking parties in the European parliament than by working alone on our small island.
If we do not achieve proper global sustainability, then our future will be short and our comfort, health and well-being will be even shorter.
This statement was added by Simon Tooke, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for Sleaford and North Hykeham
- 2019: European Parliament (UK) elections, as the Green Party candidate for East Midlands
- 2019: City of Lincoln local election, as the Green Party candidate for Boultham
- 2018: City of Lincoln local election, as the Green Party candidate for Boultham
- 2017: 2017 Lincolnshire County Council local election, as the Green Party candidate for Park
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.