Statement to voters
Chris Southall has been selected to fight in Clacton for the Greens – No hard Brexit, more funding for social care and vocational education, councils need to be able to build council houses. The local Tendring Green Party will be campaigning on protecting Care homes and social care from the effects of Brexit and the Conservatives savage cuts.
We will remind people that our farms, NHS and other businesses with suffer badly if a hard Brexit takes the UK out of the Single Market and prevents workers coming here to work in our fields and hospitals.
Our children can no longer train locally work in building and other trades and further education has been decimated by the Tories.
Chris is looking forward to meeting people and talking about the issues facing us.
Chris Southall lives with his partner and her daughter in their Eco-house in Burrs Road which is open by appointment for people walk round and see how to be more self-reliant in food and energy.
This statement was added by Chris Southall, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for Clacton
- 2019: Essex local election, as the Green Party candidate for Clacton East
- 2019: Tendring local election, as the Green Party candidate for Burrsville
- 2017: 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for Clacton
- 2017: 2017 Essex County Council local election, as the Green Party candidate for Tendring Rural East
- 2015: 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for Clacton
- 2010: UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for Clacton
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.