- The party's candidate page for this person
- http://www.kentconservatives2017.uk/candidates/mike-whiting/ We don't know Mike Whiting's email address. Can you add it?
Statement to voters
I have been a Swale Borough councillor in Teynham and Lynsted since 2015. In that time I have dealt with many requests for help from residents, including getting a new yellow box junction on the A2 to improve safety and working with Network Rail to help prevent flooding on the Lower Road.
I have supported residents in their opposition to the development of land behind Station Road, Teynham, installed new litter bins in Norton and have used my member grant money to help local projects for Oare Village Hall, Teynham Scouts and other local organisations.
I am also a Kent County Councillor and Cabinet Member for Transport at Kent County Council.
On a personal note, I have been married to my wife, Sue, for 34 years. We have two children and two young grandchildren.
Representing Teynham, Lynsted and the surrounding villages is a privilege. It is something I really enjoy and hope to continue.
This statement was added by Mike Whiting, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The European Parliament (UK) elections, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the South East
- 2019: The Swale local election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Teynham and Lynsted
- 2017: The 2017 Kent County Council local election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Swale West
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.