Statement to voters
I have lived for 22 years in the constituency of Skipton and Ripon. I am standing in this election because I wish to challenge the mean spirited policies that are currently being adopted.
I do not think it is safe to cut £440 per head on average from school budgets in North Yorkshire.
I do not think it is safe to push the NHS to the point of collapse by constant funding cuts and top down re-organisations.
Nor do I think it is safe to run giant experiments with our environment by following fossilised policies. The modern economy will be green and we need to be investing to get ourselves at the forefront of technology.
I don't see how the hardest of Brexits will help achieve any of these things. I think we need to vote again on Brexit once we see the clear reality of the deal instead of the politicians' promises we've had so far.
This statement was added by Andy Brown, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
- Favourite biscuit
- “A packet of crisps and a pint”
You can meet candidates and question them at local hustings. Here are hustings where Andy Brown may be appearing.
(Past event) Saturday 16 November 2019 00:00: Green Hustings, Settle Victoria Hall BD24 9DZ.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Skipton and Ripon
- 2017: The 2017 North Yorkshire County Council local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Airedale
- 2017: The 2017 Craven local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Aire Valley with Lothersdale
- 2016: The Craven local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Aire Valley with Lothersdale ward
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for Skipton and Ripon
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Andy Brown's CV - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Upload your leaflets
If you've received election leaflets from Andy Brown, please take a photo of them and upload them to ElectionLeaflets.org
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.