Statement to voters
Born in Liverpool, raised in County Durham in a mining family. Have been a Trades Union member most of my life. Working life has been varied from manual to academic to small business. I believe strongly that a civilised society should both look after all of its people and invest in their potential, thereby enriching all of society. It is lack of political will that stops the transformation of our society for the better and it is the application of political will that is making our society cruel, unforgiving and broke. The dominant political parties have capitulated to Big Finance and Big Business as a result we become poorer, our environment is made toxic and the rights; to protest, to privacy and to civil rights are eroded. The Green vision for a democratic, sustainable, people and environment friendly society is doable, is happening now and all we need to do is join together and take control of our lives and our communities. As E F Schumacher wrote "Think Global, act Local".
This statement was added by William Ward, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for Liverpool, West Derby
- 2019: Liverpool City Council, as the Green Party candidate for Yew Tree
- 2018: Liverpool City Council, as the Green Party candidate for Yew Tree
- 2017: 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for Liverpool, West Derby
- 2016: Liverpool local election, as the Green Party candidate for Yew Tree
- 2015: 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for Garston and Halewood
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.