- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
- Favourite biscuit
- “Bourbon” We don't know Gareth Barrett's email address. Can you add it?
Statement to voters
I am proud to be Labour’s candidate for June’s general election. Brentwood and Ongar is my home. It’s where I grew up and it’s where I chose to buy my first home.
This Tory government has overseen the biggest cuts to our public services in a generation. The NHS and social care are in crisis, our schools are struggling under the weight of the budget cuts and cuts to police budgets are putting our safety at risk.
People here in Brentwood and Ongar need a truly local representative who will put them first. I will work tirelessly between now and June to let local people know that this general election will be a choice between a Labour Party that will stand up for the people of Brentwood and Ongar, or a Conservative Party that only looks after the privileged few.
This statement was added by Gareth Barrett, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2018: Brentwood local election, as the Labour Party candidate for Brentwood South
- 2017: 2017 General Election, as the Labour Party candidate for Brentwood and Ongar
- 2017: 2017 Essex County Council local election, as the Labour Party candidate for Brentwood South
- 2015: 2015 General Election, as the Labour Party candidate for Epping Forest
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.