Statement to voters
Rachel Chance is an active environmentalist, campaigning with Extinction Rebellion and volunteering for Crystal Palace Transition Town. Rachel has lived in Crystal Palace for the past 7 years and loves living in Croydon.
Rachel has worked in leadership positions for over ten years in the charity sector. Running an office recycling firm, a charity web design agency and more recently working in community led housing. Running small enterprises, Rachel worked to create good jobs, with a focus on staff well being, training and fair wages, something which she feels everyone should have.
Rachel is a firm believer in clean air for all through cleaner, better public transport. She is grateful for the amazing NHS care she has received and Croydon’s wonderful green spaces and will fight to preserve these.
Rachel’s priorities if elected are to:
- Take real action to tackle the climate emergency, if we want to have a future then we need a new green industrial revolution
- Put power back into people's hands through giving people a say on whether to accept any Brexit deal or remain in the EU and introducing a fair proportional election system for parliament
- Invest in good mental health services, particularly for women in the postnatal period
- Provide affordable childcare from aged 1, when parents go back to work from parental leave
This statement was added by Rachel Mary Chance, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for the Croydon North
- 2019: The Croydon local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Norbury & Pollards Hill
- 2018: The Croydon local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Crystal Palace & Upper Norwood
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Rachel Mary Chance's CV, homepage - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.