Statement to voters
As the mum of three young children, I want them to grow up in a world that’s not ruined by greed, inequality and catastrophic climate change.
Cornwall’s natural environment is our greatest asset, but it’s under threat from destructive ‘development’ that has done little to improve the lives of local people.
I know it’s possible to make positive changes that make a real difference to the lives of people in our communities, because I’ve helped make quite a few myself. As your MP, I’d work hard to do this for the people of Truro and Falmouth.
As a Town Councillor and Planning Committee Chair, I’ve:
• Fought to make sure that planning decisions put local needs first
• Championed new housing that’s genuinely affordable and built to high standards of sustainability
• Helped launch a community energy network that allows local people to benefit from Cornwall’s fantastic renewable energy resources
• Fought to protect vital services from cuts and worked to find creative solutions that can keep these going in our communities
• Fought to improve educational opportunities for local children
• Led the team that’s successfully developing a skate and BMX park for youngsters
This statement was added by Amanda Pennington, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The Cornwall local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Wadebridge West
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Truro and Falmouth
- 2017: The 2017 Cornwall Council local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Wadebridge West
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for North Cornwall
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Amanda Pennington's CV - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Upload your leaflets
If you've received election leaflets from Amanda Pennington, please take a photo of them and upload them to ElectionLeaflets.org
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.