Martin Hemingway was the Green Party candidate. Find out more about their policies from the Green Party Leeds local election Local manifesto.
Statement to voters
I have been active in politics for a long time. After twelve years as a Labour Leeds City Councillor I left and joined the Greens 14 years ago. The prime factor in the decision was PFI, although there were many other things I could not defend. Since joining the Green Party I have been active at local, regional and national levels, and have been a candidate in city, parliamentary and European elections on several occasions. I was active in the Remain campaign, leafletting and speaking at public meetings and hustings.
I have lived in the constituency for over thirty years, and have been involved in many voluntary and community activities in the ward from Headingley near the centre of Leeds to the small market town of Otley. My opponent is the disappointing Liberal Democrat MP Greg Mulholland - who did not vote on the Article 50 decision, and has shown an unwillingness to commit on other issues such as Trident.
This statement was added by Martin Hemingway, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
Martin Hemingway is associated with the following companies:
- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
Leeds Green Party
Martin Hemingway's local party is the Leeds Green Party.
@LeedsGreenParty on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/LeedsGreenParty on Facebook
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The Leeds local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Weetwood
- 2018: The Leeds local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Weetwood
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Leeds North West
- 2016: The Leeds local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Weetwood
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for Morley and Outwood
- 2014: The European Parliament (UK) elections, as the Green Party candidate for the Yorkshire and the Humber
- 2010: The 2010 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for Leeds North West
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Martin Hemingway's CV - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.