- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
- https://my.greenparty.org.uk/candidates/106034 We don't know Martin Hemingway's email address. Can you add it?
Statement to voters
I have been active in politics for a long time. After twelve years as a Labour Leeds City Councillor I left and joined the Greens 14 years ago. The prime factor in the decision was PFI, although there were many other things I could not defend. Since joining the Green Party I have been active at local, regional and national levels, and have been a candidate in city, parliamentary and European elections on several occasions. I was active in the Remain campaign, leafletting and speaking at public meetings and hustings.
I have lived in the constituency for over thirty years, and have been involved in many voluntary and community activities in the ward from Headingley near the centre of Leeds to the small market town of Otley. My opponent is the disappointing Liberal Democrat MP Greg Mulholland - who did not vote on the Article 50 decision, and has shown an unwillingness to commit on other issues such as Trident.
This statement was added by Martin Hemingway, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for the Leeds North West
- 2019: The Leeds local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Weetwood
- 2018: The Leeds local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Weetwood
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Leeds North West
- 2016: The Leeds local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Weetwood
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Morley and Outwood
- 2014: The European Parliament (UK) elections, as the Green Party candidate for the Yorkshire and the Humber
- 2010: The UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for the Leeds North West
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.