Statement to voters
34-year-old Will lives in Wigan and works in Manchester in IT project governance. He joined the Green Party because he was frustrated with politics as usual, and wanted to stand up and help make a difference in his local community.
Will is currently Chair of the Wigan & Leigh Green Party, stood in the 2015 General Election, stood twice in local elections and most recently in the Greater Manchester Mayoral Election. Will was on the organising committee of the first ever Wigan Pride last year, and has been an active campaigner for more local democracy, for public services and for diversity in the community, taking a stand against far right groups organising in the town.
Outside politics, Will enjoys walking and reading, and has been a Wigan Athletic supporter for 25 years.
This statement was added by Will Patterson, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: Wigan local election, as the Green Party candidate for Wigan West
- 2017: 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for Wigan
- 2017: 2017 Greater Manchester mayoral election, as the Green Party candidate for Greater Manchester
- 2016: Wigan local election, as the Green Party candidate for Wigan Central
- 2015: 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for Wigan
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.