Public page: https://www.facebook.com/Chris-Fewtrell-The-Lib-Dem-Candidate-for-South-Staffs-102236747898971/
- The party's candidate page for this person
- Favourite biscuit
- “Digestive Cream”
Statement to voters
I am a writer and former journalist who has lived in South Staffordshire for the past seventeen years. I am greatly concerned by the threat Brexit poses to my community, in terms of people’s jobs, livelihoods and public services. I am also alarmed by the divisions that have opened up in our society, along the Brexit fault line. In whatever way the question of our EU membership is resolved, the country must heal and move forward together in the years ahead, as we get to grips with the issues voters really want their politicians to address.
My priorities, my party’s priorities and, I believe, the British people’s priorities are as follows...
1) Stopping Brexit and invest the £50 billion Remain Bonus in our shattered public services.
2) Addressing the Climate Emergency by investing £100 billion in renewable energy sources, energy conservation and transforming the way we all live to help us meet our DELIVERABLE target of zero CO2 emissions by 2045 - in line with Friends of the Earth and WWF targets.
3) Creating a £100 billion infrastructure fund for schools, hospitals, roads, housing and the like.
4) Taking politics out of the NHS and Social Care by creating an all party forum, including professional bodies and patient groups to develop a long term strategy for meeting the needs of our growing, ageing population. An independent body like the OBR will be created which will determine funding levels according to the needs of patients, not politicians looking to win an election.
5) Fighting the street crime epidemic by investing £500 million for youth services, and supporting community policing. Knife crime in Staffordshire has risen by 93 per cent since 2010/11, and by 80 per cent nationwide.
6) Restoring honesty to our politics. I think the government’s behaviour in recent months has been utterly disgraceful and plumbed depths of dishonesty I never believed I would see in our public life. The British people deserve so much better.
This statement was added by Chris Fewtrell, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The UK Parliament elections, as the Liberal Democrats candidate for the South Staffordshire
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Chris Fewtrell's CV, homepage - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Upload your leaflets
If you've received election leaflets from Chris Fewtrell, please take a photo of them and upload them to ElectionLeaflets.org
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.