Statement to voters
A 35-year-old heavy goods driver will stand against Theresa May to campaign for family court reform. Bobby Smith, who lives in Stevenage, is standing as an independent under the 'Give Me Back Elmo' banner, and has commandeered the famous Muppet’s image to promote his activism. He said the name comes from merging his daughter’s names, who he has not seen in four years. Mr Smith criticised the length a family court case takes to complete after parents separate, and said his case took about three years. “In that time, the relationship with the children has gone,” he said.“I want to raise awareness of the lack of fathers' rights in this country. It is a problem that has been going on for years.”
This statement was added by Bobby Elmo Smith, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
Bobby Smith (born February 1982) is a British political and fathers' rights activist. He is the founder and leader of the Give Me Back Elmo party which he set up to seek to change the law in family courts after his own experiences.Read more on Wikipedia
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The UK Parliament elections, as the Independent candidate for the Peterborough
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Independent candidate for the Maidenhead
- 2016: The Bridgend by-election: Ogmore constituency, as the Give Me Back Elmo candidate for the Sheffield Brightside and Hillsborough
- 2016: The Stevenage local election, as the Give Me Back Elmo candidate for the Chells
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Give Me Back Elmo candidate for the Member of Parliament for Witney
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Bobby Elmo Smith's CV - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £3/month to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.