Oska Damon Shaw
Oska Damon Shaw's policies
Statement to voters
Rights for Nature Campaign My name is Oska Shaw.
I was born on Orkney and grew up near Brighton. I am a drama student at UWE. I am a veggie, enjoy punk music and love to ride motorcycles.
Equality of rights and opportunities matter a great deal to me. Access to nature is essential for our wellbeing, but such access is anything but equal. Protecting our natural world is therefore immensely important, even if we live in the midst of the city. Politicians need to act to ensure the future of our natural world and be involved at a local level. When I heard that important trees in St Paul’s were under threat
from a developer’s axe I simply had to act, and so joined the Save the M32 Maples campaign to fight for their protection.
What do we propose?
• Give trees the full protection of current planning policies.
• Trees with a Preservation Order given more rights.
• Immediately implement the principles of the upcoming Environment Bill, giving greater protection for trees and green spaces.
• Incorporate mature trees and green space as part of a development.
• Mitigate unavoidable tree loss according to biodiversity net gain.
• Developers pay a biodiversity levy of the true value of lost trees.
• Consult with local communities before felling street trees and automatically replace any street tree felled.
This statement was added by Oska Damon Shaw, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Oska Damon Shaw's CV, email, homepage - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.