All elections have been postponed.
The government has passed legislation to postpone all elections until 6 May 2021.
Statement to voters
I will start with a little bit about myself, my name is Joshua Spencer and I am standing for Knottingley and Ferrybridge in this year’s election, on May 3rd, as I believe that labour is letting you down. Many of you campaigned, petitioned and protested the closure of Knottingley sports centre and your elected councillors did nothing to help your fight. I am very upset that your concerns are not being listened to by Wakefield council.
Over the past 4 years Wakefield council have worked against resident by-
• Hiking council tax rates, an average of 4% every year.
• Closing down Knottingley library, Swimming pool, sports hall and public gym.
• Allowed fly tippers and litter bugs to spoil our streets, by not cracking down on such offences.
• Removed public bins, without the same number of replacements.
• Let parks and public footpaths become over grown or run down.
You’re paying an average of 4% extra every year, and what have you been given to show for it, littler, more fly tippers, more anti-social behaviour and splashed funding for public services. This is NOT acceptable, you deserve outstanding public services. If you were to elect me as your councillor I would voice your concerns in council meetings, I would make sure that you get more public bins. I would make sure that public highways, parks and footpaths are kept clean, groomed and thriving for the next generation. Labour have forgotten about you, in my opinion they no longer care about you. Why should you have to pay more and more council tax for less and less. Elect me and I will fight for your concerns every day.
If labour have ignored you for the past 4 years, what will be different this time round. You have a voice, you can vote for change.
Vote Conservative on May 3.
This statement was added by Joshua Spencer, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
Wakefield Conservative Party
Joshua Spencer's local party is the Wakefield Conservative Party.
@WakefieldTories on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/WakefieldConservatives/ on Facebook
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The Wakefield local election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Knottingley
- 2018: The Wakefield local election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Knottingley
- 2016: The Wakefield local election, as the UK Independence Party (UKIP) candidate for the Pontefract North
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Joshua Spencer's CV, homepage, twitter account - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.