Statement to voters
Roger is the Deputy Leader of the Lib Dem Group on Birmingham City Council. He serves on the Housing and Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Committee and is one of the four Councillors, one from each party, on the Council who successfully proposed the Climate Emergency Motion. He now sits on the Taskforce that was set up as a result.
Roger’s priorities are:
1) To secure greater investment in the NHS, especially to cut waiting times to see GPs, improve care for those with mental health problems
2) To improve education and youth services, increasing investment in our schools and to provide better facilities for our young people.
3) To tackle crime and anti-social behaviour by increasing the size of our Neighbourhood Police Teams and protecting their local bases.
Roger believes the UK’s best interests are served by remaining a member of the EU and argues that a no deal Brexit would be particularly damaging to Yardley.
The coming General Election will be a fight between Labour and the Lib Dems in Yardley. Both parties have won the seat twice in the last 4 General Elections. As a local resident with a strong history of representing the area on the Council Roger is well placed to continue the Lib Dems history of success in the seat.
This statement was added by Roger Harmer, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: UK Parliament elections, as the Liberal Democrats candidate for Birmingham, Yardley
- 2018: Birmingham local election, as the Liberal Democrats candidate for Acocks Green
- 2017: 2017 General Election, as the Liberal Democrats candidate for Birmingham, Northfield
- 2010: UK Parliament elections, as the Liberal Democrats candidate for Birmingham, Edgbaston
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.