All elections have been postponed.
The government has passed legislation to postpone all elections until 6 May 2021.
- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
Chinyelu Susan Onwurah is a British Labour Party politician who has served as the Member of Parliament for Newcastle upon Tyne Central since the 2010 general election. She is Newcastle's first black MP. She was shadow minister for Industrial Strategy, Science and Innovation under Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn from October 2016 until 9 April 2020, when she was appointed as shadow minister for Science, Research & Digital by new leader Keir Starmer.Read more on Wikipedia
Record in office
See this candidate's record on TheyWorkForYou - their speeches, voting history and more.
You can meet candidates and question them at local hustings. Here are hustings where Chi Onwurah may be appearing.
(Past event) Friday 6 December 2019 12:00–14:00: Student Climate Summit, Domain, Northumbria Students’ Union NE1 8SB.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The UK Parliament elections, as the Labour Party candidate for the Newcastle upon Tyne Central
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Labour Party candidate for the Newcastle upon Tyne Central
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Labour Party candidate for the Newcastle upon Tyne Central
- 2010: The UK Parliament elections, as the Labour Party candidate for the Newcastle upon Tyne Central
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
Thousands of voters will rely on this site. If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Chi Onwurah's statement to voters - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
You can also email Chi Onwurah directly to ask them to add information to this page.
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.