All elections have been postponed.
The government has passed legislation to postpone all elections until 6 May 2021.
- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
Michael Andrew Gove is a British politician and former journalist serving as Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster since 2019 and Minister for the Cabinet Office since 2020. He has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Surrey Heath since 2005. A member of the Conservative Party, Gove served as Education Secretary from 2010 to 2014, Chief Whip from 2014 to 2015, Justice Secretary from 2015 to 2016 and Environment Secretary from 2017 to 2019. He has twice run to become Leader of the Conservative Party, in 2016 and 2019, finishing in third place on both occasions.Read more on Wikipedia
Record in office
See this candidate's record on TheyWorkForYou - their speeches, voting history and more.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The UK Parliament elections, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Surrey Heath
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Surrey Heath
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Surrey Heath
- 2010: The UK Parliament elections, as the Conservative and Unionist Party candidate for the Surrey Heath
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
Thousands of voters will rely on this site. If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Michael Gove's CV, statement to voters - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
You can also email Michael Gove directly to ask them to add information to this page.
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.