Statement to voters
Peter lives in Croydon and currently manages the Croydon office of a national environment conservation charity - working with local volunteers and community groups to look after parks, woodlands, and greenspaces. Prior to this Peter worked in the civil service, both developing and delivering government policy. Peter holds posts in the Green Party at local, regional, and national level and is a member of the advisory board for the Green Party's MEPs.
When asked why he was standing as a candidate in this election Peter said “I believe it’s time to renew the promise of Europe. The European Union is not perfect but it can be a powerful force for good. By working together we can improve people’s lives and tackle the threat of climate change. A vote for the Greens is a vote to remain in Europe, but it is also a vote to make it into what it was promised to be:
- a union of shared responsibility not of selfish interests,
- a union that creates economic and social progress for all not financial gains for just a few,
- a union that leads the world by protecting people and the planet.”
This statement was added by Peter Underwood, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
Public page: https://www.facebook.com/GreenPeterU/
- Home page
- The party's candidate page for this person
Green Party of England and Wales
Peter Underwood's local party is the Green Party of England and Wales.
@TheGreenParty on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/thegreenparty on Facebook
You can meet candidates and question them at local hustings. Here are hustings where Peter Underwood may be appearing.
(Past event) Tuesday 21 May 2019 18:30–20:30: London MEP (European Parliament) Election Hustings, Southwark Cathedral SE1 9DA.
(Past event) Tuesday 14 May 2019 19:30–21:30: Hustings for the European elections, St Anne's Church Wandsworth SW18 2RS.
(Past event) Tuesday 14 May 2019 18:45–21:00: West London European Parliament Election Hustings, Irish Cultural Centre Hammersmith W6 9DT.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The European Parliament (UK) elections, as the Green Party candidate for the London
- 2018: The Croydon local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Selsdon & Addington Village
- 2017: The Croydon local election, as the Green Party candidate for the South Norwood
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Croydon North
- 2016: The London Assembly Election (Additional), as the Green Party candidate for the Assembly Member
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Member of Parliament for Croydon South
That's all we know! Will you help us find more about this candidate?
Our volunteers have been working hard to add information on as many candidates as possible, but they need help.
If you can add information that should be on this page - such as Peter Underwood's CV - please use our crowdsourcing website to add it.Add or edit details »
Democracy runs on good information
You can help make this website better for everyone.
This site is run by Democracy Club. It receives no government funding. Please chip in £5 to help get everyone the information they need to take part.Support Democracy Club
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.