Statement to voters
Broughton born and bred, David is an environmental scientist and academic who has worked on energy and environmental projects across Europe. He has research papers published in fifty-two countries spanning five continents.
Together with witnessing increasing inequality and the abandonment of the poor and the vulnerable in the UK, it was also seeing how political expediency can devastate the environment that led David to joining the Green Party.
He is a fully involved member of the Green Party's Energy Policy Working Group, and played a major role in amending the Party's Energy Policy, helping it dovetail with our Climate Change Policy.
Recent campaigning work includes opposition to a local inappropriate development on grounds of air quality and successfully helping residents with Bedroom Tax disputes in Salford.
This statement was added by David Jones, their team, or by a Democracy Club volunteer, based on information published by the candidate elsewhere.
This candidate has previously stood for election in:
- 2019: The UK Parliament elections, as the Green Party candidate for the Blackley and Broughton
- 2019: The Salford City Council, as the Green Party candidate for the Broughton
- 2018: The Salford City Council, as the Green Party candidate for the Broughton
- 2017: The 2017 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Blackley and Broughton
- 2016: The Salford local election, as the Green Party candidate for the Broughton
- 2015: The 2015 General Election, as the Green Party candidate for the Blackley and Broughton
All elections where you live
Enter your postcode to get information about elections, your candidates and where to vote.